Sunday 12 July 2015

Packing

Apologies that I've been AWOL.

We're on holiday and the lead up was gruelling, trying to get work done before we left. Having almost packed and fallen into bed about 1am, the alarm went off at 3am and taxi arrived at 4.15 to take us to the airport. A mere 36 hours later, we arrived at our hotel in Juneau, Alaska.

I was convinced I'd packed well. I even checked average temperature in our post-Alaskian destinations.



So here we are, in Kamloops, Canada having arrived this afternoon on the Rocky Mountaineer train. In my bag I have a down parker, thermals, apres boots, wet weather jacket and pants, a North Face furry vest, two ploar fleeces, two jumpers, two long sleeve Ts, two short sleeve Ts, one pair of shorts, bathers, a possum fur oilskin cap, a beanie, gloves and ski mittens. And the weather? 35C.


And to think, I once had the cheek to pass out a few travel tips!!!


Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...