Thursday 19 May 2011

Mother's Day

Yes, yes, I’m well late on this one, but I was inspired by my friend, Mother Of A Man-Child and her recent post on the subject.

It started on the Friday night when the youngest, flapping our worn copy of the school cookbook behind her back, yelled ‘Don’t look Mum! This is what you’re getting for Mother’s Day and you’ve already got one.” Hmmm. Surprise blown there.

The Saturday night before, we had people over for dinner and had far too much fun (and okay, perhaps a tad too much wine as well!). As I waved them off in taxis, I glanced at my watch and noticed with surprise it was a quarter to three! So really, all I wanted for Mother’s Day was to stay asleep until it was time to head out for Yum Cha with the in-laws. No such luck. I dragged my sorry arse up to face about 28 residual wine glasses, an unexpectedly mild hangover and some lovely gifts!

From the little one I got – surprise, surprise – a new copy of the school cookbook! (My reaction was suitably convincing.)  From the next one, I got an amazing red shoe – made of chocolate! Check it out.
It really is all chocolate!!!!





And from my gorgeous boy, who knows how much I don’t love driving a van with sliding doors, a picture he painted of my dream vehicle – a Smart Car. What a guy!


2 comments:

Mother of a Man-Child said...

Shucks, thanks MWW for the credit and link. I even got a new subscriber as a result. Will return the favour.
BTW love your gifts. The chocolate shoe is very you, and the pic of the car - gorgeous. I personally think the you've bought a whole new level of cool to big black family vans!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for being one of those guests that wouldn't go home! Yes, we all woke up a little too late & hungover...But having such gorgeous children, would have made up for everything else! A

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...